Arkym AeroRace ONE for BMW E90 M3 Sedan
(from Arkym Press Release) Arkym AeroRace ONE for BMW E90 M3 Sedan
As our designers had foreseen from the most robust aftermarket European automobile enthusiast community, the Arkym BMW lineup has been designed and honed from the ground up starting with the Aerosport add-on kits - for form, function and aesthetic appeal, starting with the renowned Arkym E9X Front Lip and ending with the AeroRace E90 Rear Replacement Bumper (with integrated diffusor strakes). As a natural progression, the newly released AeroRace ONE kit has finally arrived - all in due time.
In bringing the Arkym AeroRace ONE kit to total completion for our vehicle, we engaged in the search to find aftermarket components to describe this particular look and feel: styled aggression. To hold the road and track and to provide adequate sport stance for our vehicle, we have employed fully adjustable KW V3 suspension. An appreciated lowered appearance enhances appeal of the ONE kit from all viewing angles, especially from the side profile.
Inevitably, the vehicle also exists to be tested in completely high-speed environments, including the track, with its most unique feature, an Arkym Carbon/Kevlar modified ESS-VT2 Supercharger System (with DCT Software) able to withstand an extremely high-temperature every-day engine bay while holding composure when fully utilized in vigorous speed ventures. And working around all technicalities with ESS to deliver the ‘heart of power’ to a race-bred soul was quick, painless and extremely educational to say the least.
And, of course, the ONE must be able to stop to an exhilarating halt after an exhibition of speed. Given the tuning capabilities and performance modifications, we turned to Brembo USA / RaceTechnologies to inform and equip the vehicle with their large 380mm Brembo Big Brake Kit all around in stunning performance yellow.
After mere mention of this project build, a quick and lightweight 20” recommendation by HRE Wheels was well underway with HRE Performance Wheels Type P40s (20x9F, 20x10,5R) in brushed aluminum finish. As a perfect mated concavity pairing with the 380mm Brembo discs – finishing off the combination requires adequate road grip provided from the highly decorated and performance reviewed Hankook ES V12 Evo tires (255/30/20F, 305/25/20).
The following current and complete modification list involved to suit the Arkym AeroRace ONE kit (above) comprises of these specialty upgrades:
• 2010 BMW ///M3 - Alpine White
• DCT Transmission
External ARKYM Modifications:
• AeroRace Double Sided Carbon Fiber Vented Hood (1x1CF/1x1Kevlar Bottom)
• AeroRace Double Sided Carbon Fiber Trunk (1x1CF)
• AeroRace Carbon Fiber Complete Front Bumper (1x1CF)
• AeroRace Carbon Fiber Complete Rear Bumper (1x1CF)
• AeroRace Carbon Fiber Side skirts (1x1CF)
Internal ESS Tuning Modifications:
• ESS Tuning VT2-575 Liquid-cooled Supercharger
• ESS Tuning M3 Performance Software - 91 Octane Tune
• ESS M3 Performance DCT Transmission Software
• ARKYM Special Edition Carbon Kevlar Intake Manifold
• HRE Performance Wheels Type P40, 20 x 9F / 20 x 10.5R
• Brembo USA BBK - 380mm x 4
• Hankook ES V12 Evo Tires (255/30/20F, 305/25/20R)
• KW V3 Adjustable Suspension
• Akrapovic Titanium Full Exhaust System